People don’t buy things because they think they want them, they buy them because they feel they need them.
Takeaway – My notes and quotes from the book
- a VUCA world: volatile, uncertain, complex, ambiguous
- it’s energy management not time management that will transform results
- the E-bank – Deposits/Withdrawls – things, situations, people, events
- manage your energy levels
- highlight the top 3 energy accumulators and energy drains
- when we spend time in the past or future we rob ourselves of life
- stabilize our physiology -> stabilizer breathing
- breathe in 4, out 6 rhythmicity
- location of attention, focus on your heart breathe rhythmically evenly and through the heart everyday
- Karoski = Japanese for „death from overwork“
- mismanaged emotions are the root cause of disease and distress
- Emotion, Eating, Exercise
- there is a strong association between the ability to central our own destiny and mortality rates
- those who do not feel in control of their lives are less successful and less psychologically and physically healthy than those who do feel in control
- if someone is negative the body creates more cortisol and cortisol suppresses the immune system
- once cortisol levels have suppressed the immune system over a long period of time, the cancer cells are not adequately disposed of and instead they can take hold and develop into cancer
- health and happiness are inextricably linked
- those who are mentally healthy and happy have a higher degree of vertical coherence among their goals and aspirations
- they have dovetailed their short term goals into their medium and long term goals so that everything they do fits together and pulls them toward a future they want
- how we feel about what we are doing often has a much bigger effect on health and happiness than what we are actually doing
- emotional awareness leads to better decision making
- what we think we are capable of is often nothing more than a conditioned response or habit so we can tap into our true potential instead of an outdated idea of that potential
- we need to become more „response-able“ rather than reactive
- in business emotional mismanagement is unhelpful, not emotions themselves
3 reasons to read this book
- You want to be more productive and healthier at the same time.
- You will learn some new ideas about being productive apart from „Getting Things Done“.
- You will use your emotions and not subpress them.
Schreibe einen Kommentar